The SAD Blog

A crazy/dumb little blog for Steve to share his thoughts on the world, his job, his life, or any old thing that may happen either to him or to others. Plus everybody else is doing it :)

Name:
Location: Washington, Illinois, United States

Just your average computer programmer with delusions of grandeur.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Two very different essays

While surfing tonight, I came across two very different essays on vastly different subjects that I thought were interesting.

The first is an essay by David Neiwert of Orcinus. I've never been all that gun-ho on hate crime laws but this letter to the editor that David wrote has made me look at them differently. I recommamend that you read it and tell me what you think.

Secondly, I found an essay by Paul Graham titled "What You'll Wish You'd Known". It is a speech that he was going to give to a high school but he gave had a shot to give it. So he wrote it out and posted it. It's a good speech but I'm not sure how I feel about it. By the way, it is a long speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home