The SAD Blog

A crazy/dumb little blog for Steve to share his thoughts on the world, his job, his life, or any old thing that may happen either to him or to others. Plus everybody else is doing it :)

Name:
Location: Washington, Illinois, United States

Just your average computer programmer with delusions of grandeur.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow Day - iPod edition

First my weekly random top ten:

1) Dreaming in Metaphors by Seal
2) Elsewhere by Sarah McLachan
3) Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
4) SOS (Rescue Me) by Rihanna
5) The Devil Went Down to Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band
6) Buddy Holly by Weezer
7) Jesus Born on This Day by Mariah Carey
8) Every Morning by Sugar Ray
9) Stadiums and Shrines II by Sunset Rubdown
10) I'm No Angel by Dido

Heavy on my CDs converted to MP3s on this list today. 6 of them I own the CDs to, I'll let you guess which ones those are.

Now for my snow day. Last night through today, we got about 14 inches of snow. Normally, I don't mind; I'll just drive slowly and curse at people who think they can go nearly the speed limit.

Today through with my Prius, I couldn't get out of my driveway. The car's 8 inch clearance wouldn't let me out over the 14 inch drifts. It got stuck at the end of my driveway.

The fun part (for my neighbors at least) was watching me dig out one side and run around the car to dig out the other side. Then I'd climb in and try to go back in but the first side had gotten snowed in again before I could get going.

I tried for about 45 minutes in the heavy snow before I quit and waited for the snow to end. After lunch I went out and dig myself out of the snow bank in about 30 minutes. At some point about 3pm I finally saw a snow plow in my neighborhood. He was "our" snow plow to clear the driveways and walks. So our driveways and walks are clear but the street still has about 14 inches of snow on it. Way too strange.

1 Comments:

Blogger s.t said...

i came upon ur SAD blog.. cuz i'm feelin e blues, and tears cldnt stop flowing. I read ur bloggie, n thot u sounded good. nt dat sad as ur tag suggested. :)

keep e smile up den.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home